Thread: Grand Masters

Grand Masters

It has been reported on another forum that Sam Alfano and Mike Dubber will be holding two week Grand Master's programs at GRS.
    Don't know why it was not also reported here for the benefit of our FEGA members
    Is nobody watching the store I thought this was a place to report and share Guild member news!
    Both of these great engravers are highly respected FEGA members and Mike is a past President.

John Barraclough, proud FEGA member.

I saw the same memo on the other forums and wondered why it wasn't posted here. It would seem this would be the place to at least post the information, but traffic here is very limited (can't understand why.)

I was thinking of applying for the Grand Masters class, but the cost may be prohibitive if I was selected. At least I'll have a goal for the next year.

Bill

I agree Bill.
    You, Sam Welch and myself are the only posters in the last month.
    Not a word from any other members or Guild officers.
    It's a shame that this great FEGA communication tool is not being used to stay in touch with our fellow members.

As it is we just have The Engraver magazine every three months with some news and contact.
    Good as the magazine is, there is a lot of engraving news that occurs and gets missed between quarterly issues.
    And it's tough for members to get prompt engraving questions answered in the magazine, that is not it's purpose.

The Guild is spending a lot of out reach money at shows, seeking new members.
    New members are fine and welcome, but it's important to create an open community forum that demonstrates to our existing membership that they are valued.
    A place where they can ask questions or advice from fellow members. A place where it's worth paying dues to belong

Some of that out reach money would go a long way towards making this an active forum where both our present and new members feel like part of our engraving community and can get to know their fellow engravers.
    Because of their work and family responsibility many members can't attend the annual show

For all members this forum is also a valuable place to obtain engraving work by posting pictures of their work.
    Let us all try harder to bring it back to life.
    Last edited by John Barraclough; 10-08-2018 at 11:44 PM.

Sad but true John. Guess we are the "Three Musketeers".

Just a thought about our forum; maybe a bi-weekly article from the Guild's president and field representatives on any news, thoughts or comments of interest to keep the members informed as to the direction of the Guild, upcoming events or members of consequence, their work/s in progress or just information on a randomly selected Master Engraver/regular engraver. I realize it will entail extra work on the officer's part, and it may take quite a while for folks to start checking in, but I believe we just need to promote the site a little more. Maybe I need to take a more active role, and hopefully others can be enticed to help, but something needs to be done to better encourage participation.

Bill

Thank you Sam and Bill,
    Very glad to have your fellowship and support here. So much our forum could do for our members new and old.
    The disuse of our forum and it's failure to reach out to our Guild membership really bothers me.
    I hate to see it going to waste.